Perfect operation technology will bring you rich fruits
Fitness training has always been a process of excellence, and the group must constantly optimize their training skills and movement control!
Today I want to introduce to you: the first step in starting the bench press "how to lie on the Weight Benches press correctly!"
Bench press, as the name suggests, is an action of lying on your back on a stool, so how to lie on the stool correctly is particularly important!
When you start with a good form, it will be easier to execute with correct movement throughout the movement.
There is a very important point in the Weight Benches press: to maintain the stability of the scapula. At the starting position, the center of the barbell just falls on the scapula. During the process, you must feel your upper back against the stool!
Many people lie on the stool casually, which will make it difficult for your shoulder blades to adjust back to a neutral and stable position, which will make your next movements lose tension and control, and increase the risk of injury!
How to lie on a stool correctly?
Lie on the bench first, and then prop up your body in a bridge position, which will help your shoulder blades rest firmly on the bench! Then slide up again until your nose is directly under the barbell, then lie down with your feet firmly planted!
This is a very good method, suitable for beginners to feel the upper back as the fulcrum against the stool, and learn how to maintain the stability of the scapula. If you are interested, you can try it! 1. The size of the Weight Benches press is generally 120×30×45 (cm). 120 cm long, so that the head, back, and buttocks can all be on the stool; about 30 cm wide, which can not only make the back stable, but also enable the arms to be lowered as low as possible; about 45 cm high, It can make both feet flat on the ground, maintain the stability of the body, and is also conducive to protection and assistance.
2. Keep your head, back and buttocks close to the stool, keep your chest up, your waist arched, and the distance between the stool and the stool is such that you can smoothly insert a palm.
3. The grip distance is wider than the shoulders, but not too wide. In powerlifting competitions, the rules require that the grip distance should not be greater than 81 cm.
4. Don't let the barbell oppress the chest. It is a mistake to adjust the grip with the barbell on the chest or to push the barbell with the chest rebound.
5. The torso should not be twisted, apply force evenly from left to right, stretch both arms at the same time, the horizontal bar is always perpendicular to the torso and parallel to the ground.
6. The feet cannot be pushed on the ground for strength, and the buttocks and back cannot leave the stool.
Rhythm of action: Lower for 2 seconds, pause for 1 second, and push up for 1-2 seconds.
1. Body posture: There are inclined upward push, inclined downward push and flat push. The oblique upward push is about 30 degrees, and the oblique downward push is generally about 20 degrees. They focus on stimulating the upper and lower parts of the pectoralis major respectively, but no matter how obliquely pushed, the middle part of the pectoralis major is under greater pressure.
2. Grip distance. The grip distance and balance can be adjusted when the arms are straightened in the ready position. The narrow grip can be narrower than the shoulder by 10 cm. It can focus on training the starting point of the pectoralis major, that is, the inner chest and triceps; the wide grip can focus on training outside of the chest.
3. The angle between the arm and the torso. The elbow joint is clamped close to the trunk, and the force on the triceps and deltoids is relatively large; the elbow joint is open, and the force on the chest increases.
Novices who first practice bench press can control the barbell more effectively. They are prone to skewing the barbell and shaking the body left and right. This is due to the poor muscle feeling of the pectoralis major, deltoid, and triceps. will be affected to a certain extent. Therefore, you can use 12-15RM weight to experience the movement first. Be calm, don't panic, concentrate, deepen your breath and slow down the speed and rhythm of your movements. When inhaling, let it go down, imagining that the pectoralis major is stretched, and the chest is raised to the limit. At the same time, keep the muscles tense and continue to exert force, so that the horizontal bar can only touch the chest lightly.
The barbell should fall on the joint between the second and third ribs and the static bone, that is, the part slightly above the nipple. Because this point is on the tension line of the pectoralis major, so that the pectoralis major can exert its maximum performance when contracting with force. Pay attention to the accuracy of the lowering, and feel the experience instead of looking down. You can ask your companions to remind you. The strength of the chest muscles is much greater than that of the arms. When pushing up, you should start with the active contraction of the chest, drive the arms to lift the barbell, and exhale at the same time.
In addition, a slightly heavier barbell can be pushed with the head tilted back, because the state reflex can cause the tension of the extensor muscles of the upper and lower limbs to increase. As the barbell is pushed up until the arms are straight, the chest will rise like a mountain. Feet should be flat on the ground to help maintain body balance. When practicing Weight Benches press, you must have the protection and help of your peers.
The protector stands behind the practitioner's head, and grasps the horizontal bar with both hands to apply power or resistance to ensure that the barbell rises and falls at a uniform speed and avoids pauses. It is also necessary to point out in time whether the practitioner is holding the bar in balance, whether the trajectory of the barbell meets the requirements when pushing it up, and so on.